Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014!



I am not going to lie! 2013 was good to us. I reflect on the year and it doesn't seem like it was a anything but a great year.  I know there was some bad - I had a very hard time with one child in particular - the hardest time yet - and I got a not so nice introduction to anxiety, but when I close my eyes and think about it, it was still a great year.

None of us went hungry.

We had running water that was clean.

We had clothing that was appropriate for our seasons.

We had a running vehicle.

My husband has a job.

My kids are alive and for the most part, well.

We have a Bible in our own language.

We have healthy pets.

We have access to an education - in our case that is homeschooling.

We were able to pray and worship God without fear.

We have a roof over our heads.

We have heat in the winter and cool air in the summer.

So many things, so many privileges, so much love.

I say adieu to 2013 with much fondness as I have ever had for a year.  I am looking forward to 2014, to see what this year has for us.

Happy New Year!


post signature

No comments: