Friday, October 4, 2013

My Homeschool Plan for 2013/2014


When I first started homeschooling I was a planner and a plan executer.  I was good at making my plan go and checking off boxes.  After my son got sick, planning became a guilt inducing exercise.  Finally, I just gave in to the idea of "flying by the seat of my pants."  So, that was the official plan for a bit.  I am glad that I had the option of doing this.  :)  My family needed to be able to rest and go with whatever we could do for a bit. We were able to find rest in it.

I came up with a plan at the beginning of the year and for the most part, we have followed it.  But, my son is better and he is continuing to improve, and my baby is now 5 and my 8 year old daughter suddenly decided she knew how to read.  They are ready for something more and I am finally emotionally and physically ready to give it to them.


This is what I now have planned for my littles:

Apologia Science
Story of the World
Prima Latina

Math 
Handwriting
Phonics Museum, Veritas Press












And to top it all off, we are going to do lapbooks for each season.

All About Autumn
I found one for the Fall for only a dollar!  If you sign up for the newsletter you get a $5.00 coupon!

 


We have gotten down a great schedule so far.  I am going to add in latin as soon as I get the materials.So our schedule will look like the following:

Monday - History, math, handwriting, reading
Tuesday - Science, math, reading, Latin
Wednesday - Library day, math, gymnastics, tutorial homework
Thursday - Tutorial class, math, reading
Friday - Grammar, Latin, math reading, lapbooking

So far, I have been able to end school by lunch time every day except Thursdays.  :)  I am so thankful for the freedom that homeschooling provides. I can truly alter the kids' education plan, even during the first quarter!

Leave us a comment letting us know how your homeschool year is going and what you are doing!  Have you made any changes? 


post signature

No comments: