Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Cookies

My two kids and one that I am watching for the day.  Seriously, is there any better way to show other moms your awesome homemakeryness by allowing their kid to decorate Christmas cookies?!  (HEHE!)  Oh yeah, and my kids thought it was pretty great too!
It is Christmas cookie time!!  I ran across an interesting recipe.  It is full of white flour, white sugar, vegetable oil (!?!) and generally just delicious.  I was *way* skeptical at first.  How could cooking oil produce a cookie worth being called a cookie??!!!  Well, I trusted the girl who passed it on, that she did not call it the "World's Best" for nothing.....  She was right!  It is mighty tasty.


The kids did some very interesting cookies!

Worlds Best Sugar Cookies (Given to me by Hannah!)

1 cup powered sugar (Hannah called this xxx sugar, but that got some uhm, interesting responses....)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup of butter or butter flavored shortening (Hannah originally had oleo - but I figured she wouldn't mind the update!)
2 eggs
2 tsp of vanilla
1 cup cooking oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tarter
5 cups of flour

Cream together sugars, shortening, and oil until light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Stir in dry ingredients. Roll into balls and flatten with a glass (I chilled mine for an hour and rolled it out and cut out shapes with cookie cutters.) Bake for 12 minutes at 350.

post signature

No comments: